Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

Hello. I'm back, & I've missed you. 
Sorry... I got hit a little harder than I expected from my chemoemboloziation back in May, and now I'm playing catch up. I've included a little blurb from an information sheet that can explain the procedure better than I can. Don't mind the chicken scratch in the margins... these notes were written while on pain meds. I really do have good penmanship :o). The procedure itself went really well, and I had awesome nurses when I stayed overnight. Shout out to my girl, Shay! Well... I lost almost all of my remaining strands of hair, so no more chemo combover for me :o(. I also had a lot of pain, but it's much better now.  I'm taking it as a good sign though... meaning it's working. My daily proton radiation treatments have also begun which has been keeping me busy as well. 



Aside from the medical stuff, I've been on the 'down low' practicing for a flash mob dance. See... CHOP celebrates Alex Scott's Lemonade Day every year in June. For those of you who don't know her story, I encourage you to go to her website: alexslemonade.org ... and go right now :o).  She was an amazing and inspirational little girl whose foundation has raised millions of dollars for childhood cancer research. 




Now for the past seven years, CHOP has also been honoring an individual who has made an impact on childhood cancer with an award called the 'Pitcher of Hope.' On Friday, June 7th, I had the honor of being its recipient. Yay! And... since it's on my bucket list, the oncology team along with some other hospital nurses participated in a flash mob during the ceremony. Complete with an air guitar ensamble by some of the oncology doctors.  I'll post the Flash Mob along with my speech tomorrow when my tech support aka husband is not busy.

cheers and lots of love... little lisa lollipop










1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can't think of anyone more deserving! Also can't wait to see the flash dance! So glad you're back! Boy, have I missed you and your blogging! You look great too--hope you are feeling as well! 3 cheers for you and your awesome team of nurses! Nurses ROCK!!! Love ya Lis! :}

    ReplyDelete