Thursday, April 11, 2013

cherry blossoms!!! ........no other title needed



Hi Lolly friends.

Haven't been feeling well, so apologies that it's been a few days since my last post. Like the little chick in the pix say... this is BS... i was sick on top of being sick. :o) But... it was inevitable. Juan got sick around Easter, and we were careful. Poor guy was sleeping on the sofa for the week. But... our house is small, so it was only a matter of time. It hit me on Friday night, and i started antibiotics on Monday. I'm starting to feel better now... Just in time for my chemo today. Yay!



Yesterday i was able to work on my bucket list.
Finally got to see the cherry blossoms in bloom in Washington DC. Juan and i went last year with their 100 year anniversary. But with the crazy weather last year, the blooming was off. But this year we got it right... and it was well worth the wait!

my cute new magnet

Enjoying cherry 'blossom' lemonade
 by the Tidal Basin.
NO, not cherry blossoms, but
YES, me acting like a smart a@#

Fun Cherry Blossom facts:

'the cherry blossom festival celebrates spring in Washington DC, the gift of the cherry blossom trees, and the enduring friendship between the people of the US and Japan.'

The 3,000 cherry trees were a gift from the Mayor of Tokyo to the city of DC in 1912. Most sit around the city's Tidal Basin.


We did the full loop around the Tidal Basin, & also got to see the beautiful  Martin Luther King Jr Memorial.

On of my favorite quotes of his:

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward."





Well... still moving/ crutching forward :o)
lots of love... little lisa lollipop

P.S. For any future DC cherry blossom travelers...

Get a map first and log onto nationalcherryblossomfestival.org to get up-to-date 'bloom watch' information. And enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better--I've missed you the last couple of days...I have always wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms too, so now I am experiencing them vicariously through you! They looked beautiful!
    It was also a great day for the beach, which is where I was! =)

    ReplyDelete