Friday, March 8, 2013

Calling all Polar Bears!

Wake up, sleepy head!
Anyone that knows me well, knows that I hate the cold weather. I must have gotten spoiled after living in México :o). Now, I literally tend to hibernate during the winter months which is ironic when you think about it... because my birthday officially marks the first day of Winter. Here's more irony too... it was snowing in Philadelphia today.

Well, I never actually wanted to do this, but now it's on my bucket list.  So... we're calling all polar bears out of hibernation to take the Polar Bear Plunge.  What a better way to celebrate Spring's arrival on Wednesday, March 20th. Save the date! More details to come.  Location: Ocean City, New Jersey. Time: T.B.D.  Bring a friend and grab sponsors if you can. AND most of all, swim at your own risk!  P.S. I'm only going up to my waist due to infection purposes and my PORT.  What's your excuse? :o)  Costumes welcomed!
                                                                                   
Quick medical update from today: 
The bad news... my counts weren't high enough to receive more chemo today.
The good news... my counts weren't high enough to receive more chemo today. No, that wasn't a typo.  But it's good because this means I'll have my hair for our impromptu wedding. Yay hair!

lots of love... little lisa lollipop




1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    Mike always wanted to do the polar bear plunge, I always told him he is crazy! Maybe I'll tell him he'll have to do it now. Let me know if you are really going!

    You are amazing

    ReplyDelete